There has been an increasing amount of research recently to support the use of fish oil. Fish oil contains two main Omega-3 fatty acids known as Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA). It is well documented that these fatty acids work on the cells in the body, providing anti-inflammatory properties as well as specific benefits for our brain, heart and general joint health.
Signs and symptoms that you may be deficient in omega-3 fatty acids include chronic joint pain and inflammation, general fatigue, poor memory and concentration, mood swings, depression and finally poor circulation to you extremities.
Health benefits from taking the recommended dose of fish oil includes:-
- Relief from musculoskeletal pain and inflammation
- Maintenance of healthy cholesterol, triglycerides and heart health
- Lowers blood pressure in people with hypertension
- Maintenance of healthy eye and brain function
- May assist in cognitive function and memory
- Adequate omega-3 levels are beneficial during pregnancy to ensure optimal development of the foetus brain
- Enhances general wellbeing
At PHYSIO4ALL we recommend ‘BIO Ceuticals Omega Sure Liquid Fish Oil’ due to its high concentration of DHA and EPA and its pleasant orange flavour. Furthermore, BIO Ceuticals fish oils are very pure as they source their oil from small fish that are naturally high in Omega-3s. All products are tested for heavy metals (including mercury) and pesticides, ensuring they meet Global Organisation for EPA and DHA Omega 3’s purity standards.
Add one teaspoon (5mL) daily to juice or food. This will provide you with a total Omega-3 (DHA and EPA) source equivalent to 2250mg as fish oil which is the recommended daily dose. If you would like to purchase the product, would like advice regarding this product or if you have an injury please call one of our physiotherapists on 9922-2212.